View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:43 PM
NatalieMacDonald

We have stained concrete and like it. We are in the country and have a dog. Easy, real easy to clean and just not worry about it. Three colors - light and dark brown and a touch of blue. Some places look like aged leather. We didn't have experience with it or know anyone who has. Did check out a couple of wineries and asked about the maintenance. Roomba vac, steam it (too large of an area otherwise) and that's it. Nothing else.

After the permanent staining, we put three coates (only 2 are recommended) of sealer. It does shine beautifully, but, if you do this, OFTEN change the roller as you roll the sealer on. As it soaks up the sealer, it leaves little lint (almost like hair) in the sealer. It becomes permanent.

Also, you have to change your attitude about stained cement. Unlike tile or hardwood, it is imperfect. Cement usually has crackes, any dust or lint is permanent. And I think we will want to restain at some point. Oh, and the sealer scratches easily. I really don't like that.

But it is the cheapest. And if we want to change it someday, that is easy too.

Would we do it over again? With a dog, grandkids and country living, yes I would.