View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 10:21 PM
sailsablazin

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I am so undecided...I love the feel of the tiles, but the look of the wood...I found a place that has ceramic tiles that look like wooden planks..buy OY.....I could add on a dining room for that price...

what do you all have/like/want/prefer???

anyone do stained concrete???
While we built our house, we rented a house with ceramic tiles on the floor. I will NEVER have ceramic tiles on a floor that I walk on constantly. (I am in the kitchen a whole lot...love to cook and can't stand a messy kitchen).
First of all, the ceramic is COLD....my kids used to come out into the kitchen and sit in front of the heat vent to get dressed in the morning (if the heat hand been turned down at night). They did this with our vinyl floor house---not with ceramic tile!!
Secondly, by the end of the day my legs ached SO----SO badly....ceramic is not forgiving....
We had planned on putting ceramic tiles in our new kitchen...NOT after renting this house---no way! We now have 3/4 inch oak floors and love them!! They clean up nicely but do expand and contract with the seasons.
I do have porcelain tiles in bathrooms, the laundry and back hall---very easy for clean up,,,but never in my kitchen.
I have had my wooden kitchen floors for 20 years and never had a damaged area. We had them finished with the same polyurethane stuff that they use on basketball courts at schools. (it is time to refinish the floors but it has been 20 years---nothing lasts forever.)