View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 09:35 AM
madamekelly

I do feel your pain, I too got a 'big fancy' after using basics for all my sewing life. Three years ago, when I bought the big fancy, I left it in the box for three months before I worked up the courage to open it! I have been using it for basic sewing until Saturday. I had a few hours alone, so I dug out the manual, and decided that I was not going to be beaten by a machine I waited years to own. I called The customer service line, explained what I was doing, and they were kind enough to walk me through how to change stitches, how to use the alphabet, how to use every button on it. We were on the telephone for over an hour! I even figured out how to make it sew sideways! Janome has as good a reputation for customer service, as Brother does, so give them a call. Get a few instructions to play with, then go play. Call again, get a few more instructions, and go play again. You might get lucky like I did, and get a customer service rep who made it her JOB (which it really is, but you know what I mean) to get me comfortable with this "big fancy". I have always wanted to be able to make button holes, (I collect buttons) now I can do it by pushing 1 button. Whoopee! Work at your own pace, and make it YOUR machine. Good Luck dear. :D