Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Janome Horizon - HELP! >

Janome Horizon - HELP!

Janome Horizon - HELP!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:40 PM

Hi..I've had my Horizon for a year and love it...it's well worth persevering with it. As someone said..it's only a machine, and only concentrate on what you want it to do for now.

One thing I didn't see mentioned regarding the free motion quilting and eyelashing and thread breaking...I assume you are using the adjustable free motion foot that came with the machine? Make sure you have it adjusted so that it just barely skims the surface of the quilt (I found that out the hard way..lol). If it's too high you will get thread breakages and all sorts of problems. There's a screw on the right that raises and lowers the foot. And also, as mentioned, try slowing down a little.

Hope you come to love your machine as I do mine
Old 10-18-2011, 04:32 PM

the bobbin thread has a certain way of coming off the bobbin and into its tension, maybe look in your manual or if you got a DVD with it I would spend some time going over those parts to make sure it is threaded correctly. New machines can be very intimidating, just tell yourself, I'm very capable of figuring this out and take your time either looking at pictures on how it is supposed to be. It will get easier, as you play around with it. don't be afraid of it.

Good Luck

Suzy