View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 12:46 PM
BKrenning

Originally Posted by P-1
The bobbin is identical on both sides, but unwinds in a different direction, depending on which side you put down. If you have it flat, it needs to unwind across the top and come toward you when it goes in. Then thru the little slots and up away from you.
I don't think of it as upside down. More like backwards to my way of thinking. I have to look at the picture on the cover of my drop-in bobbin every time. I'm not kidding! I've had the machine for 6 years but I double check that picture every time. I can put in a vertical bobbin blindfolded and I rarely use my machines that take that style but I guess since that's what I learned on--that's what is stuck in my head so the drop-in style hasn't stuck yet--LOL.

Also, about the "it won't sew if the presser foot is up" issue someone asked about. It's a feature in many of the computerized machines. If you don't put the presser foot lever down--it just beeps at you. Mine also shows a picture on the LCD that says Lower Presser Foot and even a little picture of it being lowered. I often feel like it is laughing at me when this happens!