View Single Post
Old 10-18-2011, 08:03 PM
skjquiltnut

Originally Posted by pstrwife
Originally Posted by nclauri
I have been thinking about making a d9p quilt top. I have noticed some are 3 + colors. I am trying to decide which way I want to go. Can you all please chime in and let me know which you like more (less patterns/colors or more) and why. If you have a photo of your d9p can you post it and tell me how many different fabrics used and the placement of the fabrics to make your specific quilt? I am leaning towards 4 to 5 fabrics. Thanks in advance.
I am making one at home using scraps ( but they how can I say it) not the usual scrap quilt, I guess. I'm using muted blues and greens in center square. Then for the remaining squares I have mauve pinks, peaches with alternating white/off white squares. And because there is more color I an attaching them together with narrow strips of off white sashings.
My church group is a little different. Still using scraps, we have the same black print center square, blues, mauve pinks, peaches, greens alternating with off white squares. Will not be using sashing on this one. This one looks good without.
Good Luck.
If still unsure, make samples or at least lay fabric out to see how they look.
Would love to see a photo.... :lol: