Old 10-19-2011, 06:16 PM
craftybear
Google Goddess

contact the hospital there and see if they know where you can stay

when my mom had double knee replacement I stayed in the room with her, they just wheeled in another bed for me

Originally Posted by blueheavenfla
I know that some of you must live in the LA area and I am hoping and praying that one of you will have suggestions for me. My 45 year old daughter is having life threatening surgery in a couple weeks at UCLA Medical Center. Her 13 year old daughter and I will accompany her. Her husband recently bailed on her so it is up to me to take up the torch...so to speak. We need a VERY inexpensive but safe place to stay near the hospital. I am hoping that someone you know or perhaps you have a "guest house" or a room or 2 that you would be willing to rent during November for less than a month, most likely or possible even less if the worst should occur. I have tried every suggestion that my friends could make and I just don't know where to turn. We are flying there on Oct 29 and will stay 1 night in a hotel and then try to find something safe and inexpensive. Can any of you offer any unlikely sources that I might have overlooked other than a possible "guest house" to rent? Money is really tight but we can manage something inexpensive, I think. I know that prices there are much more than here in Florida. I also know that this really isn't the type of thing you see under chit-chat but I am beginning to get desperate. Thanks for reading this even if you can't help.
Donna