Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Need inexpensive place to stay near UCLA Med. Ctr >

Need inexpensive place to stay near UCLA Med. Ctr

Need inexpensive place to stay near UCLA Med. Ctr

Old 10-20-2011, 08:30 AM

I don't live in the LA area. Please contact the hospital social services dept. Often they have accomodations (very inexpensive) for out of town family members.

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's health problems. I will keep her and all of you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:44 AM

Good suggestion about the churches. Tiverton house is $$$ for 2 people but thanks for your search. My daughter had already checked into that for us. Guess I will do a search on the local churches...that was such a great idea! Thanks to all for concern, help and prayers. Will keep you informed as I get answers...
Donna
Old 10-20-2011, 09:24 AM

When my late DH had some surgery at Stanford Medical Center, the admittance office as a matter of routine gave me a handout of local motels, maps and prices for their rooms. Some of the prices surprised me, but I chose to stay close instead of driving home, 140 miles away. I stayed in a very nice Motel 6, which we used often after that because it was so nice. It also had a good handicapped room we used after that, the managers told me about that when I explained why I was there. And told me which fast food places to eat in and which to avoid!!!

No, I'm not connected in any way with Motel 6, just my previous experience with them. No matter where you go, talk to the managers and ask for their ideas. They know the area.