View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 01:45 PM
Rose L

This is a subject that my feelings are way too strong on regardless if it's about fabric or other pricing increases. I'll spare you all my band stand speech on the subject but I do have a common sense suggestion to make.

I spent a weekend with a friend in the city recently. We spent two glorious days visiting, swapping fabrics with each other and teaching each other new techniques we've picked up along the way. She taught me paper piecing and I taught her how to do applique with permanent glue. We tried out dying fabrics with shaving cream and ink! She and I both had fabrics in our stash that we weren't really interested in working with again. So we traded fabrics! We didn't measure or keep track of how much each of us was getting, it was just a simple task of going through our fabrics and offering those that we didn't care for to each other. We both went away with lots of new fabrics and new ideas spinning in our heads. We had a lot of fun and neither of us spent any cash, well, except for the new restaurants we tried ;) I think it's a great way to renew or refresh your fabric supplies. I think a lot of us are just going to have to find more creative ways to add to our fabric stashes. I would personally love to see more trade offers on the classifieds here instead of just cash sales.