View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 06:24 PM
Quilting Nonnie

Originally Posted by auntjo
Wow I'm glad I found this thread. I finally got back in my sewing room & turned out block 105 from the FWSQ last nite - but it's back to school tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be two more months before I finish the next in that pair and get them posted. THis teaching job has my time totally sucked up - tho after DH's death in May that has been a very good thing. I just don't know that I'll even have the original 111 blocks done (& I want to add 36 more blocks to make it king size) by the time you start the Pony Quilt, but I so enjoyed the journey this past year w/everyone I may try to catch up at some point when I feel like I'm getting back to some kind of a balance w/my time. Guess I could order the book & dream every once in awhile when I come up for air.
auntjo I really sympathize. I'm a teacher too. We started in the middle of August and I still feel like I'm at the beginning. The beginning of the year stress is still here and I haven't even caught up on school things that were supposed to be done in the first couple of weeks!

like the optimist I am, though, I'm going to do the Pony Quilt. Maybe you and I will be the ones who occasionally get blocks made and hope for summer when we can catch up!