View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 05:30 AM
Rebecca Chambley

Barnbum
I"m making a rag with flannel, But I took 2 pieces of 30x30" , flannel, plus the 30x30" piece of muslin, the backing sewed the X across for stability, and appliqueing butterfly and tulips, (cotton) on this piece, which will be the cntr for the rag. I used the double piece of flannel for the stability of the appliques, But my appliques are cotton, hand appliqued, on flannel, I came across some beautiful flannel, in a very pretty tiny rose print, there where 3 bolts, all very similar in print, same colors, prints similar , but different, and I automatically thought of a femine rag. So to my drawing table I went, and I should have it finished in a week or two. My 30x30" cntr will be finished today, and the appliques have worked out well on the doubled flannel, Their stable, secure, and not heavy. No buckleing, no puckers. So far I'm very pleased. I'm not adding batting to the cntr piece, because the double flannel will balance out the weight, when I use low loft batting in the sqs that will be sandwiched it will work out well. Just wanted to share my info, on mixing fabrics...............