Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
My third quilt is finished! >

My third quilt is finished!

My third quilt is finished!

Old 12-29-2007, 04:23 AM

If you cannot see the mis matched corners from a gallopping horse then is doesn't matter if it is a quilt to enjoy and keep warm! No quilt police wanted on these type of quilts. It looks pretty good from what I can see!
Connie
Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 AM

Wow!! That is pretty--and so perfect for a snuggle lap robe. I have never combined different kinds of fabrics before--flannels and cottons. Do others do that? Are there any complications? I often put flannel on the back of a cotton top--but I've never combined on the top. Interesting idea!!

Doods--did you attach the strips to foundation blocks?
Old 12-29-2007, 05:30 AM

Barnbum
I"m making a rag with flannel, But I took 2 pieces of 30x30" , flannel, plus the 30x30" piece of muslin, the backing sewed the X across for stability, and appliqueing butterfly and tulips, (cotton) on this piece, which will be the cntr for the rag. I used the double piece of flannel for the stability of the appliques, But my appliques are cotton, hand appliqued, on flannel, I came across some beautiful flannel, in a very pretty tiny rose print, there where 3 bolts, all very similar in print, same colors, prints similar , but different, and I automatically thought of a femine rag. So to my drawing table I went, and I should have it finished in a week or two. My 30x30" cntr will be finished today, and the appliques have worked out well on the doubled flannel, Their stable, secure, and not heavy. No buckleing, no puckers. So far I'm very pleased. I'm not adding batting to the cntr piece, because the double flannel will balance out the weight, when I use low loft batting in the sqs that will be sandwiched it will work out well. Just wanted to share my info, on mixing fabrics...............