Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: My third quilt is finished!

I made this one to keep for a snuggle TV/nap quilt. :D Backing, outer border and some of the strips are in flannel. The rest of the plaids are Homespun and the solid black is just cotton. I used a cotton/silk batting. I learned that flannel stretches so a few of the corners are not perfect. OK to be honest I am not sure I have ever made a PERFECT corner :( - but I am having fun with my new hobby and sharing with all of you! :lol:
    3 down, bunches to go!!!
    2 Doods
    Attached Images Attached Images

That is really pretty, I like the color combo, Good job,Pat yourself on the back...........

that sure looks snuggly, all right. now i know what to do with my homespun scraps. :D
    love it :!: :!: :!:

lin
    What a snuggly quilt that is!! I love the homespuns. They're always so "homey". :)

I made a rag quilt using homespuns and flannel. My dh loves it. It's so warm and comfortable.

Good job Doods. That's not only comfy, it's really pretty.

We were jusr talking about that pattern in chat the other day. It looks good in plaids too.

I really like it. The colors are wonderful!! Kyia

Blog Entries
    It does look snuggly. Homespuns are one of my favorites. It looks like you caught a sunset in some of those blocks. It's really pretty!

That is definitely a quilt for snuggling!! Good job!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Your quilt has a wonderful snuggle factor to it! Love the colors and you did a wonderful job on it! Keep em coming! :D :D :D

That is one pretty quilt! The plaids are gorgeous. That pattern is on my to-do list. Great job! :D

The black half triangles really unify the whole quilt. I absolutely love the colors. I'm putting it on my "to do" list for sure!

What a great quilt.. it looks so warm and cuddly! Makes me want to wrap right up and read a book or watch an old movie! Good job! Barb C

Very nice!!

Beautiful!!!!

I love it!...just the quilt to snuggle up with on a cold winters night........a glass of wine and a good book! My idea of heaven!

Karen

Love the colors, your workmanship looks topnotch and the scrappy appeals to me so much. Thanks for sharing.

Feathers

That's lovely, it has a real autumn comfy feel to it. I could just see myself snuggleling up under that in front of the fire :P

Yes, great job and color combination. I agree with Karenmay - glass of wine, good book and add a fire in the woodstove.

That looks really cozy! I would call it "throw another log on the fire!"

Good job.

PS if you don't point out the flaws, no one here will notice! And not that any of us would say it if we did. There are no quilt police here. Only admirers and friends!

Thanks everyone for all the kind comments. The fire, wine and reading.....Hmmm maybe I should stay home from work....

Quiltmaker101 I love that name and since we are scheduled to have our new fireplace installed just after Thanksgiving SOMEDAY I will be able to throw a log on. This electirc heat is killing my budget :)

I'll have to keep quilting to stay warm!

If you cannot see the mis matched corners from a gallopping horse then is doesn't matter if it is a quilt to enjoy and keep warm! No quilt police wanted on these type of quilts. It looks pretty good from what I can see!
    Connie

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Wow!! That is pretty--and so perfect for a snuggle lap robe. I have never combined different kinds of fabrics before--flannels and cottons. Do others do that? Are there any complications? I often put flannel on the back of a cotton top--but I've never combined on the top. Interesting idea!!

Doods--did you attach the strips to foundation blocks?

Barnbum
    I"m making a rag with flannel, But I took 2 pieces of 30x30" , flannel, plus the 30x30" piece of muslin, the backing sewed the X across for stability, and appliqueing butterfly and tulips, (cotton) on this piece, which will be the cntr for the rag. I used the double piece of flannel for the stability of the appliques, But my appliques are cotton, hand appliqued, on flannel, I came across some beautiful flannel, in a very pretty tiny rose print, there where 3 bolts, all very similar in print, same colors, prints similar , but different, and I automatically thought of a femine rag. So to my drawing table I went, and I should have it finished in a week or two. My 30x30" cntr will be finished today, and the appliques have worked out well on the doubled flannel, Their stable, secure, and not heavy. No buckleing, no puckers. So far I'm very pleased. I'm not adding batting to the cntr piece, because the double flannel will balance out the weight, when I use low loft batting in the sqs that will be sandwiched it will work out well. Just wanted to share my info, on mixing fabrics...............