View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 06:25 AM
mountain deb

I bought a Husky 936(?) several years ago and broke it in real good before my first class. I thought how bad is it. Just sit and sew, right? Some church group ask me to make some angel costumes for Christmas. I agreed, then I saw the fabric. The pattern was a medievel style (princess cut)dress with the sleeves hanging to the floor. I can do this- I think I will like the challenge, then they brought the fabric. Dear Lord, I think I need your angels. The fabric was bridal satin and the sleeves were (sorry cannot think of the proper name so I will describe it) a gauzy slippery see through fabric. I made the first dress on the sewing machine then the other FOUR on the serger. The church absolutely loved them. Boy did I get thrown in to the deep end. Been using the serger since then on everything.
Get between me and my sewing machine and you may get ran over. Get beween me and my sewing machine/ serger and life as you know it will not be the same.
Lesson I learned, always ask all the right questions so I am not blindsided anymore. Another lesson I learned, if the instructions say to thread A first the B, DO NOT attempt do do it any other way.