View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 09:06 AM
Favorite Fabrics

Location: Orchard Park, NY (near Buffalo, which is near Niagara Falls)

We've never carried John Deere fabric in our shop, because I figured it was always so readily available in the chain stores (and a little shop like ours can never compete with Wal-Mart in terms of prices).

But... I figured that a lot of folks here are John Deere fans, and would want to know about this change. What does it mean, and why the change? I have no idea. Maybe John Deere decided that they just don't want to renew licensing for fabrics. Or maybe Springs Industries (who makes the JD fabrics) is tired of doing them. Maybe JD is going to be like Harley - only licensing finished products, not fabric. I don't believe I know anyone who would have the answer.

The link to E. E. Schenck is for anyone who wants to know what the Spring 2012 JD fabrics will look like. Schenck is a wholesaler (they don't sell retail) but they do have good pictures.

If anyone reading this does not have access to a source of JD fabrics, you can always PM me; I could order them (provided that there's enough interest in them).

Sorry if I caused anyone to panic! You know that I always try to share whatever industry information I run across that might be useful to our forum members.