Thread: SO BUMMED :(
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 PM
QuiltingSister

Try looking on YouTube for Patsy Thompson's videos. She is a terrific quilter of large quilts using her DSM. She has a video available showing exactly how she does it, and she finishes show quality quilts all the time! You can do it, too :-) Good luck.
Originally Posted by crystaltx
I have been cruising along, piecing my first quilt, but I am having a heck of a time with the actual quilting on my sewing machine. It's so big, it is just impossible. I don't know how I will ever finish it without it puckering or having crooked lines. Does anyone have any tips on the actual quilting process on a regular machine? I guess that is why some of you have long arm quilting machines, they look nice but expensive. If I don't find a way to do this, I'm afraid I will never try this again. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I have a walking foot and I'm just doing the ditch stitching right now...I am starting in the middle and trying to work my way out, but I can't really switch direction of course. I have the quilt kind of rolled up but I have to move it all the time so everything bunches and shifts. I have about 100 safety pins holding the sandwich in place though so it is probably ok. This just doesn't seem fun =/