View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 04:30 AM
QuiltnNan
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Yrnstr
Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
1. I once had 5 knitting machines.

5. Diets are not my forte

6. Reading has always put me to sleep. I didn’t find out until I retired that it was due to keratoconus.

7. When I was young, I knew about the chronic aches and pains of older folks, but could not even imagine what it was like until now.

9. I’m amazed that I taught my children fiscal responsibility and they turned out so, so opposite.
#1: I have that many, too: 1 for bulky yarn, 1 for lace knitting, 1 just for plain and tuck, 1 punchcard and 1 electronic (the very first one ever marketed: I bought it used for a song :D ), both for g-carriage work. Only 1 of those was new when I bought it.

#5: FOCL! Ditto here!

#6: :cry: I'm sorry you have that condition, Nan. As a kid, Daddy wasn't any good at reading, and they thought he was retarded, but it turned out he needed glasses. Reading is such a tetchy sort of thing (physically speaking). Especially when something is printed in microscopic size, grrrr! (Like the ingredients on the back of some boxes.)

#7: Ditto: I've got FM. :-(

#9: That must've been a huge disappointment! You put so much effort and your whole heart into trying to forge them into the best they can be, only to have it feel like you poured gold down a drain. (Or so I would imagine, anyway.)
thank you Ymstr, and welcome to the board :)
and with keratoconus, glasses do not help, only contacts or cornea replacement in the past. i've now had corneal rings implanted.