Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Tell Us 10 Unusual Facts About Yourself >

Tell Us 10 Unusual Facts About Yourself

Tell Us 10 Unusual Facts About Yourself

Old 10-27-2011, 05:04 PM

I don't know if there's anything interesting to anyone but me!
My parents were divorced before it became common & affected my whole life.
My bro was just a yr younger & we were close till he passed away

I won the county "Quiz Kid" show & the school got a set of encyclopedias.

I took tap & acrobat lessons for 10 yrs.

Reading has always been a part of my life,since before 1st grade.TV is mostly boring.

I used to have long,curly hair & wore heels every day.

Peace & privacy cold be my middle name.

Married at 16 & won the jackpot.he's just as wonderful as he was way back then.We spoil each other & I'm blessed to have him & 2 DDs.

I'm thankful the DDs life was nothing like mine was.We did good :)
Old 10-27-2011, 06:59 PM

These posts are great, everybody! Keep'm coming! :thumbup: :thumbup:
Old 10-27-2011, 07:16 PM
Banned

My turn;
1) I am allergic to helium
2) I can wiggle my ears
3) I can write upside down and backwards
4) I am ambidextrous
5) The eggs have to balance in the egg carton
6) I've cut my own hair since 1975 (except two or three times)
7) I spent 5 years living in a 31' motor home traveling the country with my husband in the motorcycle business, setting up and selling parts and accessories at motorcycle rallies. We had moved from a 5 bedroom, two bath, three story house with full basement to this 31' motor home!
8) I married my second husband a second time! (We were separated and divorced for 5 years between marriages)
9) I own my great grandmother's rocking chair had have a picture of her rocking me in it
10) I have a picture of my daughter and I each at the age of 9 months wearing the same dress! (I had saved it all those years)

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-21-2011 at 05:27 AM. Reason: remove business name from post
Old 10-27-2011, 08:28 PM

1. My grandmother and both my children were adopted. When she first held my son she cried and said that his life would be nothing like hers. (Things changed between 1905 and 1979!)
2. Met my husband on a blind date when I was 16 and he was 18. We married 3 years later - 38 years ago.
3. I have taught school for 34 years and would love to retire, but ... not yet.
4. I am a music teacher and have taught 30 or so years of children how to sing the states of the US in alphabetical order - from Alabama - Wyoming. I have heard many funny stories about where this "talent" has led for some of them.
5. I stay up way too late for someone who has to get up and go to work in the morning.
6. I spend too much time playing on the computer - including on this board.
7. I read every night before I fall asleep. Sometimes I get caught up in the story and stay up even later than "way too late". Sometimes I read 1/2 a page and my husband has to turn off the lamp and put away my book.
8. I am diabetic, wear an insulin pump, and STILL have trouble resisting things I know I shouldn't eat.
9. When I find something I like I prefer to buy several. If I find comfortable shoes - I'd like one in every color they make. Then I wear those until they fall apart.
10. I must be very boring cause it was a struggle to come up with 10 things!
Old 10-27-2011, 08:36 PM

OK I wanna play too, its been really fun reading about everyone's fun facts!!!

1. I love my 2 Boston Terriers more than I love some people
2. I read literally everyday, I am ALWAYS in the middle of a book, sometimes a couple at a time
3. I have a magazine fetish, I don't what it is but I just like them, usually knitting, fashion (and more recently) quilting magazines
4. I adore being on stage, I thrive on the energy and excitement that comes with a live performance
5. I an a HUGE Harry Potter fan, I am even a part of a Harry Potter Knitting and Crochet House Cup on ravelry.com and I have read the books prob 20 times each, some of them more!
6. I love doing special effects makeup (zombies, wounds, etc) but I am terrified of scary movies that feature all that stuff
7. I have a Virgin Mary collection in my bedroom that consists of statues, holy cards, nightlights, and lots of other stuff!
8. I have a makeup addiction, and for some reason it lends itself to the expensive stuff, I'm a sucker for anything glittery or shimmery
9. I LOVE True Blood, Eric Northman does it for me everytime
10. My Aunt plays the voice of BJ on the Barney show
Old 10-27-2011, 09:26 PM

1. Other than my husband, I have one real-life friend: a guy DH and I have known since high school. I have no real-life female friends. All the girls I know are drama queens and seem to only care about their hair, makeup, clothes, and the latest gossip. Meh.

2. I raise zebra finches.

3. I've never been without at least one pet.

4. I didn't get to try tomato soup or rice until I was an adult. My mom figured I wouldn't like either one, so she never fixed them. I love both! (I don't like tomatoes, though. Weird, huh?) While I'm on the topic of food, just the SMELL of lettuce makes me gag. If you put lettuce on my hamburger, then take it back off, I can still taste that it was there.

5. I hate talking on the phone.

6. I've worn the same pair of glasses for 24 years. I just recently threw away the hair brush I've had since high school (I'm 43 years old). What can I say ... when I like something, I keep it forever! :lol:

7. I can't swallow a pill or capsule. They just won't go down. So I chew pills up, and put the powder from capsules into a spoon and swallow it with juice. Most pills actually don't taste too bad. Antibiotics taste retched! :shock:

8. I go to bed with the TV on. If it's not on, I can't seem to fall asleep. (I set the timer so it turns itself off.)

9. I take the saying "Use it up, wear it out, make it do, or do without" very seriously. DH would say TOO seriously, sometimes.

10. I won't use a public restroom unless it's absolutely necessary. Part of it is worrying about cleanliness, and part is that I don't like "going" when other people are around! :oops: