View Single Post
Old 10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by Rhaorth
Have you ever continued sewing without bobbin thread... I mean... without realizing it ran out?

I was speeding right along, doing the strips for the scrappy fence, and getting pretty comfortable with the 1/4" seams.... when I noticed that... the top thread seemed to be coming loose from the fabric....

So stopped sewing, pulled out the strip and lo and behold, the bobbin was empty... ok... not so bad you say.. at least I noticed it...

Well, that was after sewing 4 sets of strips without a bobbin thread (8.5" strips... 4 of them... chain piecing, so not having to lift the presser foot, or cut threads... but you would think I would have noticed! LOL)

AND... why is it that the seams seem to be so much straighter when I run out of bobbin thread...

I like stopping to fill a bobbin, gives me a chance to stretch out my back... need a better chair.

Just thought I would share my... oh my gosh... moment

we need an alarm for when the bobbin is getting close to empty hehe
My Vikings have a beep that tells me there is about 18" of bobbin thread left. Makes an expensive machine worthwhile. I usually fill several bobbins at once before I ever start sewing so I don't have to change my mindset, just pop in a new bobbin and away I go.