View Single Post
Old 10-27-2011, 11:31 AM
grandma7

A few months ago, I bought a Singer Confidence and was dismayed at it being all plastic! It sewed OK, but started bunching up in the bobbin area. I did all of the trouble-shooting and then thought perhaps the feed dogs were the culprit. When I tried to lower and raise them, they wouldn't work and I couldn't get them to raise back up. I took it to repair man and he told me that he could fix it, but would not recommend quilting on this machine, as it wouldn't last a long time for this. Furthermore, he said he would not recommend lower/raising the feed dogs, as he couldn't guarantee they would raise again.

The reason I bought this machine was to quilt on and learn to free motion quilt on.

They gave me $300 for my machine (which is what I paid for it) on a new Bernina 350PE! I'm so excited and can't believe I finally have a Bernina! I guess I always thought they were out of my reach and I just "settled."

I'm so looking forward to sewing and quilting on it. I'm going to take advantage of the basic class that is offered with the purchase.

This baby is NOT plastic and should last me for a very long time.

I was hoping some of you ladies might have some thoughts on how to utilize it to it's fullest. Thanks!