View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 07:51 AM
jratti

I have not yet. I think I need to oil her and clean her up a little. I am not that familiar yet with the vintage machines. This is a new hobby for me. I think you are right about the motor/machine added to the base. The base has holes with threads where bolts/screws used to be. I would love to convert it back. I guess I am now on the lookout for those type of things. I need to do more research on how to clean her up. I don't know the best way to go about getting her into looking good. I know that if I try to replace the paint or gold embellishments it will decrease any collectable value. Not that there really is any now. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it or selling it. It is purely of sentimental and decorative value to me.

Thanks for the comments.

Jamie

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
Originally Posted by jratti
Photos of my machine. Again, I think it dates to 1900. Pretty common. Made by New Home, and it appears to be the New Ideal Brand. What do you think? Any info on it??
Jamie
Very nice cabinet. I still wonder if it is the original treadle head but a motor was added and the treadle base removed. I have seen more of those. I bet you could revers that if you can find a new base for the cabinet. She looks like fun. Have you taken her for a spin yet?