View Single Post
Old 10-29-2011, 12:32 AM
IraJane

Originally Posted by Gerbie
Congrats on your new Bernina. I have an older one that I bought new in 1984 it is a 930. I have loved every minute that I have used this jewel. I had a Singer golden touch (still do)that I bought new and sewed on for years, making my children's clothes and all of my wardrobe, but so wanted a Bernina. I put my little jewel on layaway and couldn't wait until I got it paid for. My Bernina has more than paid for itself. I keep it oiled and cleaned and haven't had any trouble with it yet. Keep your fingers crossed that I never do. I have my Singer and two FW's for backups, however I hate to say I haven't sewn on my Singer Golden Touch since I bought my Bernina. I probably should sell it, but I just hate to as it was my first sewing machine and sort of like a family member.
Wishing you years of wonderful sewing on your new machine. Be sure and show us pics. and what you make on it. I just know you will love it.
I do my sewing at home on a 1260 that I've had for 13 yrs with no problems and have had Berninas since 1978 when I bought a 930. I sold the 930 and upgraded several times over the years, but needed a second machine to take to classes that I could keep in a rolling cart and bought a used 930. Both machines are wonderful. About 8 yrs ago I had an opportunity to buy a new 153QE but kept the other machine. Eventually I sold it to my SIL because my favorite is still my 1260.

I taught 5th graders through 12th graders on Berninas at school for 25 yrs. and had so few problems I'd recommend them to anyone.