View Single Post
Old 10-30-2011, 06:18 AM
annesthreads

Originally Posted by leatheflea
You can use your table to layer. I've done it several times. I longarm now but ocassionally I have one that I dont want to long arm. I layered a lonestar last week using my kitchen table. The picture I've attached is a quilt that I did earlier in the year on a long folding table. I use large black clips that you can get at wal mart or office supply store. When I put my backing on I use these same clips to keep my backing flat, layer the batting, removing one clip at a time to hold down batting to the back, then repeat process when I add the top. I'm spray basting between the layers. I only move the quilt about 12 inches or so each time I need to pin a new area. You really don't even need to pin but on this particular quilt I did. The one I'm currently working on I didnt pin, only spray basted.
That's really helpful - thankyou - what I was thinking I might be able to do. I just wanted the confirmation that it still works if it's a big quilt. I have a standard-sized dining table that I think would work well - no fancy edges, so the clips would go on OK.