View Single Post
Old 10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
galvestonangel

Originally Posted by annesthreads
I posted the other day, after discovering that a quilt I'd sandwiched SO carefully nevertheless had creases in the backing. I'm now wondering how else I might approach this, given that I have a small house with no walls big enough to use, and only one suitable floor area, which is carpeted and therefore not ideal. I've been looking at tutorials on using a table, but none of them seem to say whether you can do this successfully if your quilt is considerably bigger than the table - the videos I've looked at use quilt tops that are conveniently almost exactly the same size as the table top. Can anyone advise, please?
Go on You Tube and find Sharon Schambers tut on basting the quilt. In the tut she shows how to sandwich a quilt without getting on the floor or having a large table. And it will be wrinkle free. It is fast and easy, stress free. If you used the spray you could put a large quilt together in 20 min. easy. I basted like she said and it took me about 45 min to an hour (I am slow) from start (putting the sandwich together) to finish. No wrinkles. I did it on my kitchen island.