View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 05:08 AM
Amythyst02

Well I recently bought a new machine, and I took hubby with me to look at all the ones I had on my list. I had it narrowed down to 4, but of course it took us to 3 different stores, each carrying different brands. However I finally decided on a floor model, at a greatly reduced price. And it ended up being alot more than what I had orginally wanted. I made a list of the 5 most important things to me, and went shopping with that list. I took fabric along as well and tried them all out on that fabric.

Some were much more expensive, some were a tad less, however, when I finally decided, hubby was in agreement, and I was very happy. If you take them along, and have them sit thru the demo of the machine with you, they understand more about what each machine will do. Another thing, is have them pick it up. The one I decided on was very very heavy, and well built...so hubby was impressed with that as well.

Purchasing a machine is similar to him purchasing tools, etc. You get what you pay for. If you buy a walmart screw driver and it breaks next week well your out of luck, however if you buy a Craftsman, you take it back and they replace it. And yes, Craftsman is more expensive, but it will last a lifetime. So compare warranties with him on the new machine as well.

Good luck and I hope you end up with the machine your wanting.