View Single Post
Old 11-01-2011, 06:55 AM
FERSID

Originally Posted by nursie76
Sometimes if you wait till the last day fo the quilt show, they don't want to take the demo machines back so they really cut the prices on the demo machines.
If you're contemplating a Demo machine - be very cautious.

I bought one that went back to the store after a major needlework show and it was a "Show Demo on Sale" specially priced $500.00 below regular price.

Thought I was getting a good deal so I bought it. I've had it in the shop four times in the past 1-1/2 yrs. for the same problem.

They do a quick fix but, (1st time it was a free repair - all the rest have been out of my pocket) a few weeks later, it's back to the same problem. They could never really tell my what was causing the problem - seemed the machine wouldn't maintain a certain adjustment.

Finally got tired of paying (where's the savings now?) and used it to trade for another machine - took a beating on the trade-in price as well. :hunf: :hunf: :hunf: :hunf:

As a Demo, you never know what abuse the machine(s) have gone through at a show.

a) unsupervised use by patrons,
b) unintentional misuse by those not knowing how the machine works,
c) stress on parts by being operated/forced incorrectly.

These are things to keep in mind. Also, as a Demo, what type of warranty are they (the shop owner) giving on the machine - over and above the manufacturers'?