Old 11-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Darloonie

Default Brother Nouvelle 1500s

Thank you for your help. I will try your suggestions this weekend.

Originally Posted by DebbyT View Post
I have the same machine on a Little Gracie II frame. I was having similar issues. The CHECK-LIST I follow is 1- Pressure foot down. 2- check to be sure it is threaded correctly, including bobbin. Before I start a quilt, I do a check spot of the tension to be sure it is balanced. Most often when I get the nest, it is when I forgot to lower the pressure foot or the thread slipped from the tension spring --- I also had an issue with the thread breaking every several inches. When I was talking to the store, He suggested to check the level of the bars and make sure they were not too high. Bingo. I lowered the bars to sit on the machine so the quilt sandwich was not floating and it was smooth for rows at a time with out the thread breaking. I have seen responces that suggest that the quilt sandwich should be at least a finger from the surface of the machine, but with my setup it works best when the top has no bounce. I also just bought new needles, size 14. I am hoping this also makes a difference. I was using size 11. --- My machine also worked beautiful off the frame. I hope this helps.