View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Tallbald

Please don't beat yourself up. You made the best decision you could, with the information you had at the time. I too have been disappointed in a mail order purchase or two, but consider this: If we all waited until a machine came available locally we could touch and examine before buying, we could be waiting a very long time to even get the chance. As it is, you possess a machine that needs rescue. Consider custom paint maybe. Spare parts needed are out there too. Perhaps you think you paid too much for what you got, but if you enjoy the machine, you are ahead. Others in our circle of friends and family spend $50 to feed two at some chain restaurants, and in 24 hours or so we know where THAT money goes. You, on the other hand, will still have the makings of a fine little hot rod of a Singer. I myself made a big boo boo on a little 128 (see my post asking forgiveness). And it was MY mistake, no one elses. Overall, you can feel better about yourself than me I think. You didn't do anything wrong! Don