Thread: small gestures
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Peckish

This topic reminded me of an incident at my son's soccer game last weekend. I can't stand to sit and do nothing, and I don't bring handwork because of the chance that it could get muddy. So I crochet. The project I'm working on right now is very simple and easy, just a straight single-crochet blanket. One of the other dads at the game took a genuine interest in my project. He was asking me all kinds of questions - what kind and how much yarn am I using, how long will it take to make, how do I make the stitches, etc. He watched me for a while, trying to figure out how the stitches form, so I showed him, and even laid the blanket on his lap. He was amazed at how warm it was (another reason I bring it to soccer games!)

It was AMAZING to me how much his interest fueled my energy level. I crocheted all weekend long while watching football games, and added another 8 inches onto my project! I'm thinking I need to have him come over to my house so I can show him all my quilting UFOs - maybe I'll get some of them done!

Last edited by Peckish; 11-03-2011 at 08:22 AM.