Old 11-06-2011, 01:32 PM
lynnegreen

My first quilt teacher was like that, and, unfortunately my Mom was in the class and she does not, I repeat, does not follow directions well. The teacher was beside herself. She wasn't much of a warm and cuddly person to begin with, had just published a quilt book that became very popular, and admitted she was only teaching the class because she had commited to this one last one. By the time the six or so weeks of class were over you could tell she could barely look at my Mom, as well as another lady who was a bit of a challenge as well. On the last nigth of class someone asked if there were any guilds or clubs for quilting and the teachers response was "yes, but they are not for people like this group, they are for real quilters". I just about gave up on quilting, but, I already knew I was bitten with the bug, and fortunately, my Mom convinced me that we should try another class with a different teacher. She was right, the next class was a dream, despite my Mom being the problem child...... again...LOL