View Single Post
Old 11-07-2011, 09:24 AM
franc36

I, too, am new at quilting. I just got a kit and the first thing I did was read the instructions very carefully. The next thing I did, after checking that all the fabric was there, was to wash the fabric as some of the fabric was dark red. The dark red fabric did fade so I washed that again in vinegar and water. While the fabric was drying, I read the instructions a second time and highlighted important information. I used a light spray starch when I pressed the fabric. I am now ready to start cutting out the fabric. I will read the directions twice and measure twice before I make a cut. I will label the cut pieces (A, B, C, 1, 3, 3, etc.) I bought plastic zip lock bags and will put all the A fabric in one, etc. I will check off each step in the instructions as I complete it. As I said, I'm a novice. I have made only one quilt from a kit. I had some of each fabric left over. I would think that you would have some extra fabric. Best wishes with your quilt. You can do it and you'll be so proud of your work when you finish.