View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:23 AM
CorgiNole

Originally Posted by Digitizingqueen View Post
Go - soem of my dearest friends and best friendships have come form sewing together for hours - its an expirence you will never regreat (I would stay the night) and sew all day
I generally travel several times a year to scrapbook retreats and definitely value the friendships I've made amongst my scrapbook friends, which is why the retreat is appealing to me as it is the first quilting retreat I've been able to put on my calendar since starting to quilt.

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 View Post
I agree -- you would probably not be happy missing your son's game so you would not enjoy the retreat anyway.
Well... this is Gus's third year playing, and by the third game last weekend, I was wishing I was somewhere other than at an ice rink... I do enjoy watching him, and the parents are fun to be with - but there is no shortage of games to watch. He plays every weekend this month, 2 weekends next month, and then starting the 2nd week in January has games every weekend through the beginning of March. Life in our household revolves around ice rinks for the next few months.

Originally Posted by Joyce888
Boy I see your dilemma but truthfully if you're this undecided: I'd stay home, get the chair you need and spend the day quilting instead of driving.
And this is really the heart of the problem for me... I'm by nature a shy person, and have talked myself out of some wonderful activities in the past, but have also found that pushing myself out of my comfort zone can also have great results (total aside - in college I was accepted to the Disney College Program for a summer - the day before heading out to Orlando, I nearly called and quit the program. 20+ years later, I still have strong friendships that I would have missed if I hadn't taken that risk). And DH is no help whatsoever. He won't stop me from going (understands the value of "me time" to the family, but also isn't pushing me out the door and packing the car for me...

Cheers, K