View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 09:25 AM
Sadiemae
Power Poster

Originally Posted by june6995 View Post
I am going to stick my nose in here and might even get it smashed....but.....I have been wondering............
what started all this craze of having long hair? If it is kept clean, neat, and trimmed so there are no straggly ends, it looks fine, but the stringy hair is unsightly. I thought about this craze and the only thing I can relate it to is...
dancers and cheer-leaders, etc., who bend over and flip their hair over their head? Is there supposed to be something beautiful about that? The hair winds up messy and wild looking. Is it the Born to Be Wild Craze?

Why are so many older women (and that included Hillary Rodham Clinton) wearing long hair? For some women it really makes them appear to be older and haggard. Do they ever look in the mirror? Where does the fad end??

I am wondering where this craze came from? For years the statement about hair was that men like long hair. How true is that? And WHY????

June in Cincinnati
To each is own, I will keep my long hair until I choose to cut it. I like being able to braid it in the summer and keep it completely up and away from my head. I have a lot of hair and even short it would be too hot for me.