View Single Post
Old 11-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Gramie bj

I was a kitchen manager for many years, Our health department had a very long detailed list of must does to be followed, and we did, When hired each new employee was handed those list and a second list of my rules. They were told to read them before the first day of work when they arrived I asked if they had read them if they said yes, I asked them to sign a statment saying they had read all the rules and agreed to abide by them if they did not it was grounds for imedient dismissel. If I got the OH I forgot to read them line I showed them the door. All the rules and regulations were basic common sence. Wash hands, if wearing rings were gloves change gloves when changing what your doing , wash hands inbetween gloves, everyone wears hairnet,and beard and mushstash nets as needed. I don't care if facel hair is 1/16 or 6 inches, your hair can be 1/2 in and it will still fall out just as offten as hair that is 2 foot long. Got the sniffels, stay home, have allergies, take something for it. No sneezing allowed in kitchen! The list went on and on. LOL some times I had to stop and explain why the rules existed. but after weeding out some real doozies, It took about 8 months I had a very good crew, had one young man that took a break after breakfast and before lunch to step into the mens room and shave , he hated the nets and had a beard that showed up after about 4-5 hrs.Any good business or cook, chef. ect will want only the best for his business and clients, I really wonder about the "professionals" you see on TV? Are the just actors? or just don't care about there customers health? Now that I've had my rant I'll shut up! LOL

Last edited by Gramie bj; 11-11-2011 at 08:17 PM.