View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

[quote=MadQuilter]Haven't been here long but "playing on the QB" is a must!

Sorry but I can't pick a favorite part.

I love the fact that there is room for every level of quilting expertise.
I love that no question is dismissed, even if it had been asked before.
I love the humor (some comments have me laughing out loud) and the cameraderie.
I love the motivation through other's pictures and suggestions.
I love learning - and not just quilty things.
I love the generosity of the members and the willingness to help out.
I love that it is an international group initially connected by our craft but in the end, we share so much more.
I love that there are men on the QB - it breaks the stereotype of the female domain.
I love that the occasional dispute is handled in a respectful manner and everyone returns to the playground once the tiff is over.

I love these answers. I love that BQ, (borrowing from you, Francey Pants :wink: ), I felt a little odd, in that, none of my family and everyday life friends, enjoy staying home and creating the way I do...THEN, I found this board, and everywhere I looked, somebody was saying something, that i could relate to...HOT DANG, I'M A QUILTER BY CHOICE, AND BY HEART...It was like coming home!
Hubby now see's that there are ppl out there, like me...we joke about it.
He used to say, they were goofy like me, but little by little, as i read ongoing story type threads, jokes, showed him pics of animals, other places, etc. He really respects this board too. He says all kinds of positive things to me all the time now, instead of poking fun AT me.
Now, he laughs, WITH me...with US.
yes, we are from all over the world, have all kinds of perspectives, and different styles and ideas, even disagree, but what keeps this the best group I have ever belonged to, is, quilting keeps us united. We all love quilting. I have nothing but friends here. Talk quilt to me, and we are immediately on the same wonderful, healing, happy page. :wink: