View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 08:40 AM
Holice
Banned

If you want a 30 min program then a good one is like a musical chair game. Set up stations where members demonstrate a technique. Give each 10 min to do it then blow the whistle and the group moves to the next table etc. You can set up according to the time allowed. For instance, if you only have 30 min then members can see two demos. But you an have as many stations as you want. 10 min for the demo and as much time as you need for group to move from one table to the next. For a day long session you might do something similar to what I will be doing at a guild near Pittsburgh on Saturday. I am giving a lecture in the morning and in the afternoon we will do a marathon sewing session making "Little Dresses/Shorts for Africa/Hati". The admission to either/both is items for the local food bank. I might suggest an all day session similar to the musical chairs in which a longer time is allowed for the demos in the morning as a refresher in basic quiltmaking with the sewing in the afternoon. Just thinking quickly this morning here.