View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 05:26 AM
jnfmd14412

I have a similar set-up that I learned to "mid-arm" quilt on. There are lots of factors as to how long it will take you to do a quilt. I found that my JukiTL98Q was picky about thread. The best thread combination was Superior KingTut on top and masterpiece or SoFine on the bottom and being sure that the thread tension was good. If you need help with thread tension watch Jamie Wallen's video on YouTube. Also be sure that everything is level. You use your whole body with your upper arms kind of locked into your sides, but you have to be loose as well. Pam Clark has a lot of good videos on www.thequiltingschool.com. I found I was better at free-motion rather than pantos. Practice, practice, practice. Do lots of small practice pieces. It's really scarey when you do that first quilt that you spent so much time making and worrying you are going to screw up. I would pick something with a busy fabric that you can do free motion on and pick a thread that matches your fabric, so if you do mess up a little it won't show. I got a lot of confidence quilting on this system, and was no longer intimidated to go and test-drive the real long arms. Yeah! and I just bought a long-arm! Good luck and let your creativity flow!