Old 11-19-2011, 07:44 PM
GrandmaPeggy

Originally Posted by marilynr View Post
Have any of you made attractive hospital gowns for women at home on Hospice? I want my SIL to
look as attractive as possible during her last days & am hoping to make something with pretty colors
of fabric. Any suggestions?
Marilyn

I am sorry for your dear SIL and your whole family. Prayers are sent your way. Recently, I found out that the time a patient is in hospice varies wildly. If she is somewhat mobile, something similar to her usual style of regular clothing . . . is she a ruffles and pink girl, a t-shirt and jeans tomboy, a suit wearing leader, etc.? Remember, her style, not yours. However, keep in mind flattering colors, prints and modesty (no thin, see-through fabrics) for her to always look her best, even without her makeup. I recommend soft fabrics too, as she is probably very sensitive to touch. But, please, no collars or ruffles if she is confined to her bed, as they are not comfortable to lay on for hours. Any embellishment should not interfere with her comfort or her required equipment. May God bless you all during this difficult time.