Old 11-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Maire

Originally Posted by CoyoteQuilts View Post
The 'big guys ie: Disney, NFL, etc' don't want you to make money off of things with their 'picture' on it that they could make themselves. You see a stuffed bear with a t-shirt with an emblem of mickey mouse on it and you think, 'oh, that's cute! I could make some just like it, but I know that with the Giants on it that would sell better.' Well, that is where you are taking away money from Disney and 'infringing' on their product. You don't even have to get the idea that way, but it is still 'infringing' on their profits..... That is why they are putting that statement on the edge of their fabric. As a person that sells items I have avoided making things with any of the 'licensed' items. I can't afford to pay for a lawyer and I have also found that most people aren't buying that type of stuff in what I sell. I do make stuff for family and friends with this type of fabric when it is a gift. BUT other than that if it has that warning on the edge I by pass it. If we don't buy it in the first place they don't get any money and may re-think their greediness and give us little guys a break . This is just my opinion and I say it only about myself.....
I agree, good thinking.
Maire