View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 04:13 PM
Foxflower

We should all take pictures of our color stacks when we make quilts. What a way to step back and see how they look. For instance, Sheri, look at your stack of brown. See the one that is really more blue? Maybe you'll want to use that as one of you teals. And in the pink stack....the one with the black background is really contrasting with the pinks. The rest look awesome and would be great together. What a wonderful windfall to get all those fabrics. Have fun playing!

I'm subscribed to this thread and printed Bonnie's directions, but I'm going to lurk (and probably comment occasioanlly) for now. I really have to make 2 other quilts first. Plus some other stuff. I do love quilt alongs though.

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Ladies,
Let me do some background here. This past summer I "acquired" my 86 year old mother-in-law's 50 years stash. The intent is to use it to make her grandchildren(23) quilts from grandma. So I would REALLY like to use this project as one of her quilts, so I don't want to purchase a stitch. Just use what I have of hers. Here's what I pulled from my cupboards. pinks/teal/brown/creamishes....It wont let me upload my pink/teal....