View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 08:22 PM
SheriR

Foxflower, Thank you and you're right about the pink/black. The one you call blue is actually showing the wrong side. It's more brown/black. Not an attractive fabric. But who will know in a 1 inch piece?? HA HA

This is the first I've cut into MIL's stash. It makes me really nervous. But I've got a lot to finish, and non of us (MIL) are getting any younger.....

I couldn't wait until next week though and I've gone ahead and cut 1-1/2 inch strips of the browns and most the creams. Then I made 4 QTS? I found, what I thought was 1/4 inch seam is more, so, two of my squares are 1/4 small.... I sewed the next ones a "scant" 1/4 inch and viola??? perfect... Good thing too. I've cut a lot of MIL's browns into the 1-1/2" strips....

I also think I need to find some FASTER to make quilts for some of these 23 quilts.... I'll never finish them if I take weeks. Lap size is good. This mystery quilt will be one of the larger ones I make for all her grandchildren.

The two pics I posted are just the pink/teal/brown/cream part of the stash I'm working with. I have 6 - four foot cupboards of material from her. although some of it is large pieces to use for boarders and backings.

Thank you all, and have a GREAT Thanksgiving. We're going North =)

Last edited by SheriR; 11-22-2011 at 08:26 PM.