View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:14 PM
deemail

Originally Posted by kiesh View Post
Thanks. This is what I need to hear.

About adding things: I'm still a newbie when it comes to making quilts, so this isn't really an option. I have no idea what I am going to do as far as quilting since I've never actually done it. I'll attempt a SID and hope it turns out!
this is an easy option...all scraps left from the quilt center are fair game... sew all your scraps together and cut a 1 in pc strip long enough to go all round the quilt... then cut the white in strips...maybe 3" and 5"...set the colored strip in, matching all raw edges together so that the little 1 in pc becomes 1/2 inch and then with seams will end up a little 1/4 flange that takes your colors out into the border, breaking it up...or if you don't have the scraps needed, just take your prints to the store and pick 3 or 4 solids that match and do the same thing...it will still look planned and coordinated....then ask to have the white quilted in the coordinating colors...it will no longer be too bright... or how about breaking the white up with a few blocks just like what's in the center, or 4 corner blocks with the white in between... there are a lot of ways to break it up and yet use what they chose....