View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 07:55 AM
SuzieQuilts

My husband did the exact thing for me 5 years ago. I did not have a clue that I was getting a new sewing machine until I opened the box. That is why it was so special is that he was able to get what I wanted with out me knowing. He knew that I was happy with the Bernina I had for 20 years and the local Bernina dealer because of the great customer service I had recieved. He went to that dealer and told him what he was doing and that I had just started to get into quilting. He purchased a 440QE with the BSR and embroidery and a lap top. So the question is, do you want to surprise her? If so, do your research, is she happy with the brand she has? If so, go to that local dealer, and tell them what you want to do and what kind of sewing she does. If she is not, then what brand has she talked about? If brand or cost is not a issue, then go with a Bernina (not a bernette, it is not the same) You can't go wrong. It is, hands down, the best machine on the market, but also the most expensive. They offer a large price range in machines and choices. If it is not a surprise, then get her imput. Good Luck, it will mean the world to her that you care about her passion.