Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need help in purchasing sewing machine >

need help in purchasing sewing machine

need help in purchasing sewing machine

Old 12-05-2011, 03:58 PM

I recently bought a Viking Ruby. I became spoiled on the Singer XL6000 as it threaded the bobbin when empty and threaded the needle among other spoilers. The hoops weren't big enough, so traded up to a Ruby. Hoops are huge for embroidery. I would suggest that if you and your wife get a machine without embroidery capabilities, you will miss out on an event for your quilts that would make your quilts so much better. Once you get hooked on embroidery you will never want to be without it. Getting a machine that also embroiders will be satisfying to both of you. The Ruby with Viking has an enormous amount of features to get fascinated with that includes the sewing features. If you are computer minded, you will be able to get your wife and yourself equally happy. What one could do if the other one can't would make you twice as capable together. I am learning the Ruby. The quilting features are supurb. I am certain that other makers such as Janome and Babylock have the same type of spoiling features. I am totally fascinated with embroidery and see it on everything...church linen, baby clothes, pictures, making digital photos into beautiful embroidery and way more.
Old 12-05-2011, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

"I have found the older machines more reliable, easier to fix, and in general, great work horses when it comes to heavy duty sewing. When the computers give out in new machines, the old ones are still stitching right along!"