View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 08:38 AM
Foxflower

Ahh, I see. Well, if you hate the front, use the back! 23 quilts is definitely quite a few. Even at one a month that would be 2 years in the making. Good thing there are lots of beautiful and simple patterns. Happy Thanksgiving all!

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
Foxflower, Thank you and you're right about the pink/black. The one you call blue is actually showing the wrong side. It's more brown/black. Not an attractive fabric. But who will know in a 1 inch piece?? HA HA

This is the first I've cut into MIL's stash. It makes me really nervous. But I've got a lot to finish, and non of us (MIL) are getting any younger.....

I couldn't wait until next week though and I've gone ahead and cut 1-1/2 inch strips of the browns and most the creams. Then I made 4 QTS? I found, what I thought was 1/4 inch seam is more, so, two of my squares are 1/4 small.... I sewed the next ones a "scant" 1/4 inch and viola??? perfect... Good thing too. I've cut a lot of MIL's browns into the 1-1/2" strips....

I also think I need to find some FASTER to make quilts for some of these 23 quilts.... I'll never finish them if I take weeks. Lap size is good. This mystery quilt will be one of the larger ones I make for all her grandchildren.

The two pics I posted are just the pink/teal/brown/cream part of the stash I'm working with. I have 6 - four foot cupboards of material from her. although some of it is large pieces to use for boarders and backings.

Thank you all, and have a GREAT Thanksgiving. We're going North =)