View Single Post
Old 11-27-2011, 02:28 PM
lalaland

Originally Posted by mucky View Post
Anyone know anything about the lightweight brother?
Which lightweight brother? I had 4 of the LS2125 Brothers in my classroom for 2 years. It was lightweight and worked great, never had a problem with it. When I upgraded, I sold the classroom machines - one to a gal who needed it for a class she was taking on making purses. The instructor was so impressed with it, she purchased all the remaining machines I had to put in her classroom for student use.

If you get a lightweight machine, go to the dollar store and get a package of rubber shelf liner. Put a piece under the machine, it will keep it stable on any surface.

Also, all machines differ a little bit. For example, a 1/4" seam is not going to be exactly the same on your Janome 2010, your Jamone 720, your Brother LS2125, etc. So, if you are starting an important project, and keeping your seams consistent is important, you need to start, and finish, on the same machine. Otherwise there may be maddening subtle differences when you try to match seams up or in the width of your borders after sewn.