View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 09:32 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

I know exactly how you feel. I dreaded the house being all out of shape getting the tree and decorations all out and put up, moving things around and finding places to put everything. First thing I did was get an artificial pre lit tree. Best thing ever. Goes together in three pieces. Takes me about five minutes.

I have several Christmas flower arrangement I set out. I put the ornaments on my tree and hang the everyone's Christmas stockings. I have a special fireplace screen I use and that is my focal point other then the tree. Two big focal points is all you need for decorating for any occasion. Put a wreath on on the door and I'm done.

DH does the outside ever how he wants. Some years he goes all out some years he does just a little. It takes me just a few hours to put every thing away and stored until next year.

I don't buy presents for anyone but immediate family. I send a delivered bakery basket (Wolfermans) to others on my list. It's easy to call and say send this there! I don't cook on Christmas either. I have enough of cooking on Thanksgiving. I want to enjoy the holiday and cooking and clean up is not enjoying it for me.

Last edited by BellaBoo; 11-28-2011 at 09:39 AM.