I feel guilty, but....

Old 11-30-2011, 07:28 AM

yes! We do!!!
Old 11-30-2011, 05:42 PM

This will be the 4th year we have not had a Christmas because we dont have much money, the first year I cried, I cried a little the second year and have not since then, since we do not have kids it is ok to not exchange gifts with each other, but what I have learned is that Christmas is not going into debt to buy gifts, Christmas is not only the birth of Jesus, Christmas is beautiful to me with all the lights and being with family and loved ones and enjoying other things like baking and such.

We did buy gifts for our neighbor friends but they were bought at yards sales and our local thrift store, all brand new in their original packaging, I figure that is recycling.

But my thoughts are I can not go into debt for gifts and I refuse to charge items because I can not pay the credit card either, sometimes I think Christmas is to commercialized, I always see the news reporting on how much the stores made or did not make for the season, while I understand that is important for the economy it just makes me feel a certain way.

Try not to feel sad, bake goods and share them with friends and neighbors, put happy lights up. I hope what I shared helps you a little.