View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 03:47 PM
AshleyR

I stepped off that merry-go-round a long time ago. I put up a decorated tree and stockings and a wreath on the front door and that's it. We are simple people and I refuse to change that just because. We don't buy much for each other. We like to get our son a "big something". We set a small limit on our parents and our nieces and nephew and that's it. I don't buy for people I work with, or for teachers, or for anyone else. I bake a loaf of bread for these people. Hopefully next year, my sewing skills will allow a little more. But I don't give to anyone because I have to. I do it because it brings me joy. I try to give gifts that will be loved, but I don't stress out too much about it.
It took a while for others to understand that this is the way I am and I'm not going to change. My husband and I are lucky that we are compatible in this way. My sister hates it. She thinks everyone should run up their credit cards and buy whatever they want. I say you can't buy love.

I will never give in to the Black-Friday-thing. I avoid the stores from the 4th Wednesday in November until January!