View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Sandygirl

We dont have kids. I focus on being at church each Sunday participating it the true meaning of the holiday. It has
been years since I have stressed out if I ever really did in the first place. Our families opted out of all the gift giving
Hoopla. I buy for my one niece and nephew. $$$ is king for them now that they are teens.

My Christmas cards are
ready
To mail. I bought preprinted ones this year and I print out my mailing labels. Rarely does anyone add a personal note in their cards so I decided to quit trying to do that. We are all on Facebook so we hear what has even going on all year round. I'm not a humbug but being together is what s important.

Doing for others such as ringing the Salvation Army bell is rewarding. Give it a try. You will be amazed! Make it a family project or get your church involved by adopting a day to ring.

The media hype is to get you to overspend putting the emphasis on the wrong priorities. Choose what is important to you and forget about what is not. You don't have to be stressed out unless you choose to be. I enjoy this season so much more by not trying to do "everything".
Enjoy it on your terms!
Sandy